Friday 30 March 2012

Evaluation: In what ways does you media product use develop or challenge forms and conventions for real media products?

Before I started filming my horror teaser trailer, I had analysed many forms and conventions of the horror genre, for example analysing real life horror magazines, visiting horror attractions (London Dungens) and analysing teaser trailers on the internet and television. In many ways I have used the sources from my research to help me develop my final outcome. By analysing teaser trailers not just of the horror genre but others, it has helped me realise what techniques I would have to carry out to create the best horror trailer I could. For example I had used quick and slow shots to build tension and gorey scenes which would appeal to the audience as I found out during a questionnaire I created. However I had challenged some conventions too, one of these were changing part of the storyline half way through the making of the trailer, we thought by adding scarier parts for example 'one, two I'm coming for you' and 'three, four I'm at your door' it would add a more psychopathic elements and give the sense the 'mysterious character' had made her loose her mind.
In many horror movie trailers the target audience only look for the gorey scenes and do not really pay much attention to the storyline, the reason I know this is because I had asked 8 people watching one trailer 'what they paid attention to most?' and the majority of the group admittedly said the bloody scenes of the trailer. By carrying out that experiment we decided to challenged this convention because we had put less gorey scenes and more leading up to the actual quick shots to add suspense and by doing this we thought it would give the audience time to really know and feel what was going on in the movie trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment